Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the stamped 'R' on a 1907 Roth Steyr means? Mine has it on (at least) the firing pin sear and the barrel bushing.

At first, I though it may mean 'replacement' or the Austian equivalent, but my bushing has the same serial # as the rest of the piece. I noticed the bushing before, but never noticed the fireing pin until I had it apart for cleaning yesterday. I didn't check the other pieces, would they be stamped as well?

My '07 is a Budepest manfacture.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
4,729 Posts
Paul,

This is a code for the gun´s parts made by the Budapest Arsenal. It means that they are original pieces or, at least, made by the Budapest Arsenal. Those made by Steyr were stamped "K".

I think that all the main parts has the stamp, but as I´m not at home now (far from my books and my own M7), but maybe I´m wrong.

Hope it helps.

Douglas.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Douglas,
Thanks for the information. I guess that's one of the things I should know, before buying a piece like this. I'll have to take a look and see if I can find the 'R' on the other pieces.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Douglas is correct. Both of my Steyr made '07's have a number of "K" marks stamped on various internal parts.
Anybody got a spare '07 barrel lying around? I'd be VERY interested in buying it....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.