Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody tell me anything about the 15 Korps, such as battles, location formed, etc? The marking was found penned in on the rear of the stock harness of a World War 1 bringback C-96 Mauser. Also penned in on the rear of the harness is the name "Gefr. Fendler". The pistol is a wartime commercial 7.63mm. The harness was made by Oskar Scheyhing in Cassel in 1916. Thanks for any battle history in the First World War.

·
Registered
98 Posts
quote:Originally posted by sd95b

Can anybody tell me anything about the 15 Korps, such as battles, location formed, etc? The marking was found penned in on the rear of the stock harness of a World War 1 bringback C-96 Mauser. Also penned in on the rear of the harness is the name "Gefr. Fendler". The pistol is a wartime commercial 7.63mm. The harness was made by Oskar Scheyhing in Cassel in 1916. Thanks for any battle history in the First World War.

·
Registered
98 Posts
sd95b
XV. Armeekorps.

The XV.AK was established on 3.20.1871 and was part of 5th Army Inspection. HQ in Strassburg i.E.
C.O. : Generalleutnant von Deimling
Chief of Staff : Oberst Graf von Waldersee

During WWI the XV.AK fought as a task force of the 7.Army at the Western Front. The divisions and corps unit were rotated constantly.
Composition : 30.ID, 39.ID and corps units. (Check 251 divisions).

The 7.Army was formed in Karlsruhe and utilized as the left wing of the Imperial Army on the Western Front 'til Sept.7th 1914 and afterwards moved to the center of the front.

AOK 7 was led by Generaloberst von Heeringen 'til August 28th 1916 and after the Aisne-Champagne battle by Generaloberst von Boehn.
HQ of AOK 7 in Laon since Sept.13th 1914, in Marle since March 14th 1917, back to Laon on June 2nd 1918 and in Marburg/Germany by the end of Nov.1918.

Source : Fuehrer durch Heer und Flotte 1914, Die Geschichte des Deutschen Heeres im Weltkriege 1914-1918.

Klaus

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Klaus,
Thanks for the reply. It is interesting that the 7th Army was formed in Karlsruhe. I was stationed in Mannheim for 2 years with the US 7th Army and am familiar with Karlsruhe.

·
Registered
98 Posts
quote:Originally posted by sd95b

Klaus,
Thanks for the reply. It is interesting that the 7th Army was formed in Karlsruhe. I was stationed in Mannheim for 2 years with the US 7th Army and am familiar with Karlsruhe.
sd95b
How about that, my home town was Mannheim/Neckarau ! What barracks were you stationed ? Kaefertal, Sandhofen, Coleman barracks ? Do you remember the "Jungbusch" and the "19th" in the Neckarstadt "Redlight District" ???
I was in the Bundeswehr from 1960-64 and stationed in Ludwigsburg and at the Niedermendig Air-Base, close to Bitburg.

Klaus

1 - 6 of 6 Posts