Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is a new serial for the list. I would love to know if anyone has any info on this particular serial number. It was recently pulled from a safety deposit box where it has been for what I believe to be a very long time. Please forgive the crappy phone pics! I do not believe this Luger was ever issued and this serial is not on Ron Wood's list. The pictures do not due this firearm justice and I would bet that it is the best example of these guns out there finish wise. All of the external numbers match. The magazine has a very old sticker on it that reads 6236 which is a serial number on Ron's list.

Attachments

·
Banned
575 Posts
Hello Punrxc,

This unrecorded M1900 US Test Trials Luger serial #6934 happens to be in the right serial range, but its condition looks too good to be true! Indeed, in near mint condition, it would need to come out of a safe deposit box over 50 years ago. I do not see any speck of patina on the entire pistol or some handling wear which makes me suspicious based on the average quality images you provided.

However, I could be wrong on my first opinion from your images and better images would be required to make an accurate opinion. I can see that the finish and original grips have consistency, but a much closer look is required on the fire-blue parts such as on the front sight and grip screws, and the golden strawed parts such as the ejector and extractor. To determine the authenticity of this pistol, an expert such as Ron Wood would need to examine it in his hand.

If you can take some better images in natural day light close to some shade, I would be pleased to give you my expert opinion accordingly. Finding a AE US Test Luger in such condition would be extraordinary and the finest one to exist. Finding a 'flaming bomb' proofed magazine for this pistol is possible.

Best regards,
Albert B.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Napolean,
I am by no means an expert on lugers. All of the straw colored parts I thought were barss before I started researching the gun. Worst case for me is it has been refinished but I do believe it is a legit ae test trials gun. It is too perfect to be fake in my opinion because that would draw too much unwanted attention. I do not believe is has seen sunlight before now for more than 50 years. I could be wong. There is more to the story but for now I would love to get this pistol to someone to confirm or crush my beliefs. Lol
I will get some better quality pictures for sure by this weekend.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
The gun has been refinished. A good close-up photo of the 2 digit number on the rear toggle link might reveal that it has possibly been renumbered. Hopefully not.
Tim H.

Reactions: lugerholsterrepair

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
One of the mistakes that refinishers tend to make pretty consistently is sanding down the forward edge of the receiver excessively and failing to maintain the bottom edge of the round-over chamfer parallel to the frame. That appears to be the case with this piece.
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gas

Ron

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ron,
I will get better pictures. I thank you for the your opinion! I will post the better pics as soon as I have them. 2bnag is talking trash about me. Apparently asking for people's opinion on something I don't know about is not what this forum is for. Even if you find a previously unaccounted for serial number.

2bnag, unnecessary and shitty! Just keep scrolling.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.