Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Gold Bullet Member 2012
6,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the opportunity to buy an honest 90 to 95% condition Manuel II. It is all there with a plain wood bottom mag. On the bottom of the trigger guard is a "Simpson Ltd, Galesburg Il" import stamp. Would appreciate opinions as to how much the import stamp would deduct from current Blue Book values. Seller reads the books too and we are just trying to figure out a fair price.....

·
Gold Bullet Member
414 Posts
IMHO, it all depends on how the marking was done and why you want the piece. If it's a shooter, the standards are not the same as for a collector piece. If you look at SOG lugers and the billboard they put on it I wouldn't even buy one. There's a company in Florida that puts their name in very small lettering on the bottom of the barrel and it's done well. The other thing to consider is Simpson's name is normally regarded with quality pieces. If the marking was small, neat and professional looking, had a reliable well recognized name like Simpson's on it and I wanted the pistol, I may not deduct anything or very little 5-10 %. Other importers that aren't normally identified with quality and have markings that visably detract from the gun, I might deduct at least 15-25 % and maybe not even consider buying. Just my opinion.
Tom

·
Gold Bullet Member
414 Posts
IMHO, it all depends on how the marking was done and why you want the piece. If it's a shooter, the standards are not the same as for a collector piece. If you look at SOG lugers and the billboard they put on it I wouldn't even buy one. There's a company in Florida that puts their name in very small lettering on the bottom of the barrel and it's done well. The other thing to consider is Simpson's name is normally regarded with quality pieces. If the marking was small, neat and professional looking, had a reliable well recognized name like Simpson's on it and I wanted the pistol, I may not deduct anything or very little 5-10 %. Other importers that aren't normally identified with quality and have markings that visably detract from the gun, I might deduct at least 15-25 % and maybe not even consider buying. Just my opinion.
Tom

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.