Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1906 Swiss Bern

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  cfmckay 
#1 ·
How did the Swiss blue these early Lugers? When the pistol was blued was it done all over, inside the frame as well as the exterior? I have aquired a 1906 Swiss Bern with all matching serial numbers including the grips. I have taken the pistol apart and it is loaded with dried and semi dried grease. The internal parts, frame and receiver are blued. There is a small amount of rust in various areas of the pistol. The blueing looks original but I am not sure. Can any of the members shed some light on this subject?
Thank you, Craig

#2 ·
I only could said you that mine are blued exactly like german from WWI or like commercial from this period
Cheers Pat

#3 ·
Hello Craig,

In V. Bobba's book on Swiss lugers on page 126 (in regards to the M06/24 W+F), he mentions that at or around pistol # 26205, the rust bluing technique with frame interiors "in the whilte" gave way to immersion-blued pistols with their interiors blued.

#4 ·
Thanks Pete. I totally disassembled the pistol and the interior of the frame blueing lends itself to the description that you gave. I do not know all that much about dip blueing but I do have a East German Luger that was dip blued and the inside of the Swiss is similar in appearance. I still have a lot to learn, and I am learning.
Thank you all for the help, Craig

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.