Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently inherited an old Mauser pistol and would like to reasearch information about it if possible. It is a Mauser 6.35. Its serial number is 278845, which matches on the side of the slide, on the underside of the frame near the trigger, and on the back of the frame. on the left side of the slide to the right of the serial number is "WAFENFABRIK Mauser A.-G.OBERNDORF A.N." Underneath that, above the safety, is a logo looking impring of MAUSER. On the right side of the slide under the ejection port it says Mauser-6,35. To the right of that is some kind of small design imprint that I cannot make out. On the right side of the frame above the grip it says "Germany". As far as I can tell, it appears to all be original and matched to the same serial number with the possible exception of the grips. The grips are ivory colored plastic. The pistol is used, but appears to be in very good condition.

Can anyone provide any information about this pistol, when and where it was manufactured, how much it might be worth, etc. Thank you for your help.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,086 Posts
Welcome to the forum. These pistols were made by Mauser in Oberndorf am Neckar, Wurttemberg, Germany. They were designed by Josef Nickl and were part of a family of firearm designs he did for Mauser. I lectured on his work a few years ago, and the lecture is available here:

These should have been proofed commercially in Oberndorf's proof house and have a Crown/U mark.

They have a moderately complex internal mechanism, so use great care in disassembly and lubrication.

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
I have a few over the years and found them to be good shooters, reliable, and accurate. Bought one that wouldn't fire I took it apart and discovered it wasn't put together right. As mentioned they have a fairly complex mechanism. You need to know what your doing taking them apart and putting them back together again. Same thing for M1914/M1934.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts