Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please tell me what you can about this unit. Serial number of the piece in 2599d. The unit markings are 16.D.25 with the 16 being the same size as the D and the 25 being smaller. Thanks -- Bill

·
Premium Member
4,405 Posts
Bill

1910 DWM, 16.D.25. (16 larger than the 25) The 16.D.25 signifies 16 Dragoon Regiment, command staff, weapon no. 25.
The command staff was with the 20th, 17th and 18th Infanterie Divisions during WWI. These divisions battled on the Eastern and Western Front during World War I.
The history of these divisions is contained in the book: Histories of 251 Divisions of the German Army that Participated in the War (1914-1918). These histories are interesting.
If you buy the Luger E mail me your address and I will send copies of the Division histories.
Jan

Jan C Still
Site Owner - Operator

·
Registered
406 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Mauserlugers

Please tell me what you can about this unit. Serial number of the piece in 2599d. The unit markings are 16.D.25 with the 16 being the same size as the D and the 25 being smaller. Thanks -- Bill
Mauserluger: Little confused. Got an email from you regarding this pistol. Your email listed the grip strap marking as 16.D.5. Here, you post the grip strap marking as 16.D.25 On one of Still's lists he has listed a 1910 DWM , s/n 2559d which is marked on the front grip strap 16.D.25. So what are the 'real' facts?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Apparently my typing is bad as well as my memory. Serial number is 2559d and marks are 16.D.25. -- Yep, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also, this Luger comes with two books on the 16th Dragoon which were printed in 1927 and 1929 as best as I can tell. They have maps in the back and have lots of pictures in them. Trouble is, they are in German. Would anyone be interested in reading them and sharing anything of special interest with the rest of us?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts