·
Premium Member
3,563 Posts
very nice looking rig...Bill

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. Any idea of which contract? It has a funky square with some markings in it between "PATENT" & "DEPOSE". I am just curious. Thanks for the kind words.

·
Registered
60 Posts
That is correct for the magazine. They will be often advertised as 7.65mm or .32ACP. You can find them on Ebay and many of the other online auctions. I've seen them priced from $30 and up.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
I think scandiknivars identification in the above reply is correct.
It appears to be an early Belgian military pistol, manufactured very shortly after WWI.
The weird box mark is OK for this pistol (I have 3 Belgian military M1910, and one of them has this same box mark in the same location).

This mark is in Anthony Vanderlinden's FN Pistols book.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you guys, I was confused by the box symbol. I guess the diemaker was messing with us guys a hundred years later! I am excited to get it out shooting! Thanks!

·
Registered
872 Posts
That is a nice and scarce FN1910!
It is marked by the individual military inspector that worked at the FN plant but no MAE property marking as these were accepted by an individual military inspector but not property of the state thus probably commissioned officer private purchase.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Very nice 1910. check the grips when you get it. I think they may have been replaced. They look like they are the plastic but they should be horn. but still a nice early FN and a good price. Congrats.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Indeed, Belgian commissioned officer's pistol, contract from 1919-1920. There is no issue with the die, that is the inspector's marking as Kris indicates. The holster is not Belgian.
The correct magazine for these is indeed 7.65mm, but a correct Belgian military one should be marked "1910" on the bottom. The mags are rare.

All this will be in the 3rd edition of FN Browning Pistols.

Anthony

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you guys! This is a great resource. I guess I'm not a typical collector, I kinda "type" collect. I am more interested in the evolution of design than marking variants. But it's nice to know what you have. As far as the "correct" mag, unless I trip over it, NOS post war ones are my ticket, $30 each & I'll buy 6 extra for shooting, I know, a little overkill for a pocket pistol. Thank you guys very much!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Indeed, Belgian commissioned officer's pistol, contract from 1919-1920. There is no issue with the die, that is the inspector's marking as Kris indicates. The holster is not Belgian.
The correct magazine for these is indeed 7.65mm, but a correct Belgian military one should be marked "1910" on the bottom. The mags are rare.

All this will be in the 3rd edition of FN Browning Pistols.

Anthony
Thanks Anthony, any schedule on publishing?

PS.....I was trying to make a joke about the diemaker. I am sure he was more concerned about what was for dinner, than what collectors thought of his stamp!

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Thanks Anthony, any schedule on publishing?
Running almost 60 days behind schedule... lots of new and fascinating info, which requires a lot of rewrites. All chapters are now in color and look completely different. So that should make up for the wait. I am now looking at spring time.

Thanks
Anthony

1 - 16 of 16 Posts