Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi; Just picked up this Luger at the Vancouver, WA gunshow last weekend. Matching as far as it goes but missing the side plate and grips. Serial number 1098. Cut for hold open and added a matching one. It's kind of ratty but I don't mind. About half in half blue and patina. Been dropped while open and rear of frame and barrel extention on left dinged but what the heck. It was used in the Great War. Anyway, is there a matching service where I might find a number 98 Eurfurt side plate and maybe even grips? I know it out of the collector class for condition issues but that is not to serious for me. I kind of like the battlefield pick up look anyway. I cann't find my copy of Jeff Knowles book on the Unit Markings. Any ideas on these? Thanks Doug

·
Premium Member
4,405 Posts
Doug
1911 ERFURT, sn 1098: F.M.G.A.8.79. signifies Festungs-Maschinengewehr-Abteilung 8, Waffe Nr. 79

Another 1911 Erfurt exists with almost the same marking:
* 1911 ERFURT, s/n 2078: F.M.G.A.8.32. - (Festungs-Maschinengewehr-Abteilung 8, Waffe Nr. 32)
You have a good find.
Jan

·
Administrator
13,138 Posts
No, there is people that sell parts, but no matching parts people, unlike some of the Arisaka and Nambu collectors that have gotten together.

You see parts for sale on e-bay all the time, but matching up erfurt or erfurt grips might be hard to do.

Ed

·
Registered
7,206 Posts
There is an Erfurt sideplate #95 on eBay right now. Close, but no cigar.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi; How do I get ahold of Tom Heller? Wasn't there a guy who was matching up luger magazines? Seems he had thousands of them at one time years ago. Doug

·
Platinum Bullet member
6,083 Posts
Jack English in Atlanta will try to match parts for you.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Doug,
I try and match parts, but don't have a Erfurt side plate right now sorry

Jim

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi; I'm begining to think I should of gone for the #95 on Ebay. Thanks Anyway, Doug

1 - 13 of 13 Posts