Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet Member
11,109 Posts
Mark, How sweet it is! It's a shame this pistol was never used for it's original purpose and now is not likely to ever be fired, but what an example. $175.00 was a pretty hefty sum to pay for this type of pistol 50 years ago...Tell us the story...Where did it come from? or, do you know? Thanks, Jerry Burney

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jerry,

I bought the gun ten years ago while I was trying to fill out my collection of WWII 1911's, about the same time I got a minty Union Switch and Signal. The gun's origin is a mystery to me other than it came from another collector who sold it to the dealer. The guess on the pencil mark is probably correct but there is no telling when the gun was sold for that price or when Remington Rand released these for sale to the public.

Just in the right time in the right place, I'm sure if I didn't buy it on the spot it would have been gone.

Mark

P.S. Although I do fire a mag of ammo through some of my collector guns when I receive them, this gun will never have a round chambered. (I hate to admit it but I have fired my 1916 Artillery Luger with the shoulder stock and snail drum mag, I could't resist!)

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet Member
11,109 Posts
Mark, Pays to be there with a wad of cash....I shoot quite a few of my pistols but like you there are some I just won't shoot. I have others just like them for that. I broke a numbered extractor on an Artillery to impress that lesson on myself. Thank the good Lord it was a parts gun but it goes to show you anything can happen. I am particularly fond of stocked pistols and shoot one often. I also am fond of the .45 and have a Remington Rand in like new condition but fired of course. I have never fired it, maybe I should....Jerry Burney

·
Platinum Bullet member
6,230 Posts
I have a 1911A1 Remington Rand that I love. I bought it on a nostalgia trip as it is exactly what I was armed with by the US Army in 1970-1973. The only difference is that I can actually hit what I shoot at with the RR I now have versus the "noise maker" I was issued. The company armorer was a moron... didn't understand why I wanted new barrel and barrel bushings. He spent alot of his time smoking dope.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.