Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1911A1 $inger

2K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  mrerick 
#1 ·
#9 ·
Since there is a disclaimer about originality in the ad, I doubt I'd even consider such a high dollar pistol.

Therein is the problem. It's also why I've never focused on the more rare and expensive Lugers. It's just too easy to manipulate something into something rare. Recently, as an exercise, several very skilled and well informed collectors with machining and finishing ability modified parts into a very rare pistol over on the P.38 forum, and then presented it to see if the collector community could detect the manipulation. It stood for days until they disclosed what they had done.

Not saying that this is such a fake gun, but the risk is always there. I'm not in the $45,000 risk sight unseen income and savings category yet...

Such an iconic and rare gun appearing on Gunbroker instead of an in-person major gun auction is another red flag for me. Even with the high auction fees, you would make more selling it that way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.