Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This 1912 DWM Luger was recovered from the Czech Republic by my grandfather during a successful escape from capture after his P47 was shot down in 1945. Does anyone have any expertice on what it is exactly and inparticular the markings where your palm would rest. looks like arms room markings to me but possibly a WW2 rework mark?

Attachments

·
Administrator
14,061 Posts
welcome to the forum!

What you have is a made in 1912 DWM - the unit marking (not a rework, not a WW2 marking), from WW1 it was marked, i am not familiar with that marking.

Ed

EDIT, i was surprised to see that you had postings previously, unfortunately you started a new thread (new posting), each time, so your comments and pictures are all over. Just add to this posting if you have comments, NOT a new posting.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Lyn Islaub is correct that your gun - if serial number 2619 is correct - is listed in Jeff Noll's fine addendum to his original book on Imperial German Regimental Markings. However, the translation given is not correct. Your unit marking of 4 A.F.3.2.M.9. is more accurately "Foot Artillery Regiment 4, Battery 3, [Munitions Column] Mortar 2, Weapon 9".

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
welcome to the forum!

What you have is a made in 1912 DWM - the unit marking (not a rework, not a WW2 marking), from WW1 it was marked, i am not familiar with that marking.

Ed

EDIT, i was surprised to see that you had postings previously, unfortunately you started a new thread (new posting), each time, so your comments and pictures are all over. Just add to this posting if you have comments, NOT a new posting.
I was unaware I had posted on this forum preveously, I apologize.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts