Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my favorite Lugers is this 1912 Erfurt. I was wondering how common are British rework pistols? As you all well know Erfurts have a ton of proof marks. And than you add some more with the British proof marks. BNP,9mm 752" 15 TONS PER Square (figure of square) Royal Scepter with O,B,and 2. And the barrel is a replacement. That says MADE IN AUSTRIA. Other than the barrel all other parts have the same serial number, including grips and magazine.

Download Attachment: HPIM0397.JPG
43.62KB

Download Attachment: HPIM0400.JPG
47.85KB

Download Attachment: HPIM0403.JPG
42.42KB

Download Attachment: HPIM0398.JPG
51.7KB

·
Premium Member
4,402 Posts
Dow
Thanks for your interesting photographs and presentation. Your Luger has a very interesting unit mark that raises some questions. Have examined many pre-war cavalry stamped Lugers and yours stands out.

Some observations: the mark has not been applied according to the official directives. The size of the U relative to the regiment/squadron numbers and the size of the regiment/squadron numbers relative to the weapons number is not according to official directives. Also, of 26 previously reported Ulanen stamped Lugers all are found on 1911 or earlier dated DWM Lugers. However, unit stamps are not always applied according to rules and regulations and of 110 cavalry stamped Lugers reported six are on Erfurts.
Jan

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The only history of this Luger that I know of. Is that it came from a person's collection. Who had it for 50 plus years. I did not realise that Ulanen unit marked Lugers were uncommon. Till I posted on this forum. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think the British Proofs Marks BNP (British Nitro Proof) are post WW11. But I cannot remember for sure. A bit more on the 1912 Erfurt. I traded some swords for the pistol. And nothing ever was mention about the unit markings during the transaction. I will be talking more to the person I got the pistol from. Since he lives nearby.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I spoke to the person I got the Erfurt from. And he told me he did not know that Ulanen unit marks were uncommon on Erfurts. This person is a long time Luger collector. Who remembers selling and buying most Lugers. When they were $50 to $100 range. He still does not have a computer. And I think it hurt him on this deal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.