Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet member
6,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this pistol from a good friend who acquired it from a Canadian source. It is unit marked to the 93rd Infantry Regiment which was the only infantry regiment raised in the Duchy of Anhalt. It is marked to the 5th company which would have been part of the II Battalion.; they were garrisoned in Zerbst. During the Great War the 93rd was part of the 8th Infantry Division. The 8th division fought the entire war in the West.

Attachments

·
Platinum Bullet member
6,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The pistol is pretty much what we call a "full-rig". One magazine is serial numbered and original to the pistol while the second magazine is an Erfurt double proofed and unnumbered one. The holster is unit marked to the pistol and original. The 93rd Regiment was involved in some of the most horrific battles of WWI. They suffered heavy losses at Loos in 1915, the Somme in 1916 and Armentiers and Ypres in 1918. They experianced large losses of prisoners before British units in 1917 and 1918. These latter engagements may be where it was captured by the Canadians.

Attachments

·
Platinum Bullet member
6,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Comments on the display...the tunic is an original example of a 93rd Regiment NCO's private purchase. The medal is the Anhalt War Service Cross. The helmet cover is one made by a friend's wife. Both helmet and cover are almost impossible to find for the 93 Regiment. The last original helmet I saw was for sale for $5500. That price sort'a made the pistol seem the accoutrement.

·
Platinum Bullet member
2,727 Posts
Fantastic rig and piece (in fact a major segment) of WW1 history! This is the sort of thing Jan Still gets excited about. Did you get the uniform with the luger? The poor prisoner must have been left naked!

·
Premium Member
4,402 Posts
George
Beautiful display of a 1912 Erfurt rig and related collectibles marked to the 93rd Infantry Regiment. Its stunning!

Thanks for posting
Jan

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Beautiful pistol and very nice display, Geo!
In the past I used to owned a nice Frackspange medal bar with an Anhalt War Merit Cross 2nd Class.
Congratulations!
Douglas.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Keoki7

Nice luger George, you are correct that the luger is becoming the accoutrement, with the way medals, leather and other goods are bieng replicated the good stuff is jumping in price, some holsters are getting right up there.

Good to see one that escaped us here at home is in a fine collection.

·
Platinum Bullet member
6,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The buxom lady from Fed Ex just brought me another one. The serial number is 9930c and it is dated 1917.

Attachments

·
Gold Bullet Member
1,549 Posts
Another nice one. late war unit marked, and long barrel to boot... I take it you are fond of the 93rd regiment Geo. Like you stated above, they saw plenty of action thruout the war.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.