Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently picked up a 1914/34 Mauser, and the magazine doesn’t seem to fit. It’s a 7.65, and I was wondering if the magazine belongs to a HSC. It has no markings. Any ideas out there?
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
5,331 Posts
The dinensions are quite similar. The HSc mag has a difference cut in the top for the magazine safety.

·
Super Moderator
5,331 Posts
Some for illustration:
HSc on the left, M1914 on the right.

The 1914 magazine is a bit knackered, but you get the idea of the form and depth of the cutout at the top of the spine.

Wood Rectangle Font Electronic device Metal

Wood Gas Tints and shades Metal Font

Brown Wood Automotive tire Tints and shades Natural material

·
Super Moderator
5,331 Posts
It should, really. Sometimes the guns get put back together in the wrong order. A common mishap is the wrong installation of the flat leaf spring that runs along the spine. It serves as both the magazine catch and the magazine safety spring.

Also, when the grip screws are screwed in too tight, they can block the magazine from going in all the way. You can actually see the wear pattern caused by the screw on my magazine.

·
Super Moderator
5,331 Posts
This is reasonable. The tip of the leaf spring must fall between the 2 notches of the triangular part, the video.shows this correctly. The video makes removal and installation of parts a bit too easy, but the general idea is correct.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I appreciate this. I watched it yesterday and took everything apart that was necessary, and it seems the mag is still to long. I’m wondering if an upper 7.65 (32acp) and a lower 6.35 (25acp) were put together if that is even possible?

·
Registered
917 Posts
I appreciate this. I watched it yesterday and took everything apart that was necessary, and it seems the mag is still to long. I’m wondering if an upper 7.65 (32acp) and a lower 6.35 (25acp) were put together if that is even possible?
I don't think that's possible, but I til I get home tomorrow and try it, I can't completely tell you it's not possible.
Could you snap a picture or two of the pistol and post them?

·
Super Moderator
5,331 Posts
The magazine catch spring is poking out, it should be further up.

When installed incorrectly, or broken, it will jam the triangular shaped magazine/slide safety. And possibly prevent the magazine from going in.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The magazine catch spring is poking out, it should be further up.

When installed incorrectly, or broken, it will jam the triangular shaped magazine/slide safety. And possibly prevent the magazine from going in.
I will take pics of the postal tomorrow without the grips on. From what I can tell this is the only way the spring can go in. So a fresh set of eyes is needed.
thanks.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts