Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,330 Posts
Everything looks like it is ok.
I would try another, original, magazine to see if the fit is better.

Will measure one from top of the spine to the bottom.

·
Super Moderator
5,330 Posts
Length from the bottom to the top the tube edge is 3.7"

A point to notice is that the magazine will slide in, meet some resistance, then needs to be 'clicked' in, so it locks under the catch.

·
Super Moderator
5,330 Posts
One thing you can check. The magazine and follower have a slit on the back. This hooks into the magazine safety/holdopen. The triangular bit. It still looks like that part is not doing its job properly.

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
It is clear that something is not right if the magazine will not go in far enough for the magazine catch to go over the back edge. To try and diagnose problems like this on a forum is tedious at best. Having hands on, with a second pair of eyes by someone familiar with this model is the best suggestion I can offer. Regards,

·
Super Moderator
5,330 Posts
It's an interesting problem nonetheless, looking forward to hearing what caused it.

·
Registered
917 Posts
If it's not a huge rush to resolve, keep a eye out for a reasonably priced mag. Then you can try the 2nd mag and if it doesn't work then You know the issue is with the gun and not your current magazine. eBay and gunbeoker very occasionally a decent price can be found.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I found one for $35.00 and waiting for it to arrive. I'll keep everyone posted. Also if someone could post a pic of under the slide like I did earlier in this thread I would appreciate it.
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
5,330 Posts
Interesting.

Can you take a photo of the top rear of both magazines, it looks like your original magazine must have an engagement issue.

I wonder if someone installed a HSc follower in your 1914 magazine, for example.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Hopefully it works for you. My experience with aftermarket mags is Generally they feed correctly, just usually it fails to hold open the slide after the last round. One or two would misfeed seemingly because the base was to thin allowing the mag to be a little lower than it should have been. But holding a small amount of pressure upwards on the bottom of the mag allowed me to fire the pistol with no issues.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts