Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked at a 1914 DWM Police Luger today. And would like some more info on it. This Luger was unit marked S.P.I.R.192. Had a sear and magazine safety. And had all Imperial proof marks. With all matching serial numbers. Interesting note the person who was selling it. Did not know it was a Police Luger.

·
Administrator
15,525 Posts
Dow, how much were they asking (approx), or you can not say, if you'd rather not.

What info are you looking for?

Was made in 1914 by DWM, brought into police serive during the weimar period and sear safety put on after 1933, mag safety same time period. The marking looks odd, with the I.R., Jans book says this;

S = Schutzpolizie
P = Potsdam

A Roman numeral could equal as a police command area. Could it have been a I instead?

An R sometimes will appear after a command area, and is for militarized police established but disbanded in 1924.

Ed

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ed,
The guy wanted $1200. Yes it could have been a I. I know vary little about police Lugers. But do know they can fetch a good price sometimes. In Luger Variations By Harry Jones. He states on page 247. A few Lugers dated from 1912 through 1921. Have sear and magazine safetys. Is this Luger worth a closer look? Last year I let a uncommon Police rework slip through my hands. Because I didn’t know what it was. Anyway thanks for the reply.

·
Administrator
15,525 Posts
Well, I find that as "rare" variations, that police don't sell as high as nazi era or imperial (not always, but...)

However, the price in the condition you describe is probably good. I doubt the mag safety is intact, that is very rare, most were clipped off.

Ed

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.