Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reunited for the first time after 89+ years apart! I will let the forum members decide if my conclusions are correct. I got the stock from Joop today. When I initially slid the iron on the lug it was very tight. With a little effort and some oil the iron slid home and locked up tight! As some may know these irons were hand fitted and numbered to the guns. I have never been able to take one stock and put it on another Luger. This one although tight still locked down in the correct place. A word now about the man who made this all possible. Joop van de Kant kindly offered to trade me one of my spare stocks for the one we hoped would fit my gun. For this his price was $0.00! I did throw $$ in for the shipping here. Words cannot express my gratitude to this fine collector form across the world!
Joop, I owe you big time!

Download Attachment: erfurt 1914 whole.JPG
170.18KB

Download Attachment: erfurt 1914.jpg
158.39KB

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet Member
11,321 Posts
Doug, Congratulations to you and kudos to Joop! It gives hope to us all to hear such a great story.

I have been able to slip an Artillery stock on many pistols without any trouble. Not all but many that I try. I know they were numbered to each other but I question if they were specifically hand fitted.
Perhaps many did not need hand fitting but fit because the tolerances were good enough. Perhaps they were . Anyway I am happy to hear these two are back together! Jerry Burney

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hi
In my experience,it's not common that 1914,1915,1916 LP08s can accept mistmatching stocks easily,while 1917 and 1918 specimens do it,even also it's inusual that the locking lever is able to get the right position.

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet Member
11,321 Posts
Paolo, You are right. Even though the stock will slip onto the stock lug, often the lever will not fully engage. Jerry Burney

·
Gold Bullet Member
1,819 Posts
Doug, Jerry, James, Paolo and Jan,

This all started at the 'stockexchange' - thread at the lugerform. Doug discovered that I listed Stock # 5165, amongst with other SN's I have and others that I am are looking for. When you discover you have the one and only stock matching to a collegue collector's Artillery Luger, you must do your utmost to get the two pieces together.

It was really simple, Doug offered me another fine Erfurt stock - we swapped. He has the 'one of a 260.000 aftermatch', and I have still what I had before: a non matching stock.

I would expect other members to do the same for me.
Anyway, your kind remarks give me a warm feeling.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.