Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To all,

I am to look at a 1914 Erfurt artillery in a week or two. Trying to get some information before viewing. Talked to the owner on phone and asked about matching serial numbers. He said they all matched including the magazine and shoulder stock/holster. The front of the receiver has four numbers with a small mark under them. He couldn't make out the suffix letter. I asked if the magazine and stock iron had the same letter suffix on them. He was sure they did not.

I am familiar with DWM artilleries and always thought they had to have the suffix on magazine and stock iron to be matching. Is there an exception to the rule with an Erfurt artillery? Thanks for any help!

Geo.

·
Registered
576 Posts
To all,

I am to look at a 1914 Erfurt artillery in a week or two. Trying to get some information before viewing. Talked to the owner on phone and asked about matching serial numbers. He said they all matched including the magazine and shoulder stock/holster. The front of the receiver has four numbers with a small mark under them. He couldn't make out the suffix letter. I asked if the magazine and stock iron had the same letter suffix on them. He was sure they did not.

I am familiar with DWM artilleries and always thought they had to have the suffix on magazine and stock iron to be matching. Is there an exception to the rule with an Erfurt artillery? Thanks for any help!

Geo.
Yes, the magazine should have the suffix letter. I will let a more familiar expert comment about the stock iron.

·
Platinum Bullet member
6,131 Posts
Both the stock iron and the magazine should have the full serial number with the suffix. Additionally, the magazine should have two acceptance stamps on the base.

Reactions: geo.luger

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
holster collector, keoki7 and all,

You both have saved me an eight hour round trip to see a luger with problems. Thanks.

Geo.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts