Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm trying to get info on this one. Mauser 1914 7.65mm showing the usual features with C/U proofs. Frontstrap is marked with O.502. Pistol magazine bears the O.503 marking on the floorplate. SN is in the 285XXX range. I did not find much documentation on those.

Kriegsmarine pistol ?? I would assume those are not common....

Help appreciated on this little Mauser.

MARK

Download Attachment: F Rgt Rd Bck.jpg
103.91KB

Download Attachment: F Lft Rd Bck.jpg
57.03KB

Download Attachment: C U Rear Sight.jpg
42.82KB

Download Attachment: O.502 Frt Strap.jpg
51.43KB

Download Attachment: O.503 Mag Base.jpg
71.41KB

·
Premium Member
4,402 Posts
Mark
I know little about these.
Usually if an O property number it will not have the M/anchor stamp. Weimar Lugers page 205 lists an 06/20 Navy Luger with no M/anchor that bears an 0.508 property mark. I am of the opinion that the property numbers of the 1914 Mausers intersperse with the rework Imperial and Weimar Lugers. For what its worth, the property number on your Navy 1914 Mauser looks correct. To top it all off, it has a near matching mag (.502 verses 0.503).
Jan

·
Registered
313 Posts
Mark,
As you know, there is little in print concerning these pistols and to most of us Pender's volume is the only reference source. The serial number on yours is in the early post WW1 commercial range, yet the style of the script on the left side of the slide is more common to the later versions just prior to introduction of the 1934's. Equally interesting is that the "Cal 7,65" marking on the right side is rarely witnessed with the script style on the left side and with the exception of the 1914/34 transition pistols, all 1914's seem, I do mean seem, to have "MAUSER 7,65" on the right side. To confuse the issue more for you, I have never encountered a Navy property mark without either an 'Anchor M', or an "Eagle M'. I'm thinking that what you have is a commercial pistol that was re-issued to the Weimar Navy. Those confusing times could explain the need for the property mark and the lack of the 'Anchor M'. My 2 cents worth and I'll bet Lloyd in Las Vegas has more good info to add.
Lyn

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the information. Is it correct to conclude that it is Weimar Navy ?? It's a simplier avenue for me than to get into the confusing issue of slide markings as Lyn pointed out...........

MARK

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.