Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Can you post a larger photo, or describe more precisely the location, so that I can dertermine where the star appears on your pistol?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it is to the left of the number on the slide of the pistol
the slide has been forcematched ,,next to the number is a star
318-949-9298
I collect all Steyrs

·
Registered
485 Posts
Assuming that a "force matched" pistol is one that has has a serial number added or modified, post production.
I am sending two photos:
M1912 Romanian
TT33 (1937)
My Romanian has neither the star mark, nor has it been forced matched.
My TT33 was manufactured in 1937 at the Tula arsenal south of Moscow, and is marked by a very similar star which signifys the Tula arsenal.
I have seen a similar query re. the same star marking on an HSc.
Could it be possible that your Romanian was captured by the Ruskys and reworked or force matched at the Tula arsenal?
Download Attachment: Steyr-Hahn-Romanian-1.jpg
97.94 KB
Download Attachment: Steyr-Hahn-Romanian-2.jpg
101.93 KB
Download Attachment: Steyr-Hahn-Romanian-3.jpg
57.74 KB
Download Attachment: RussianTT33-3.jpg
118.32 KB

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the slide and the barrel on mine have been electro-penciled which is quite common. I have a Steyr m1895 Carbine made for Bulgaria and the bolt on it is the same way. Good question on the star. May have been reworked by the Russians?? and on the slide there is no crown,may have been sanded off?looks like it to me,thanks

·
Registered
410 Posts
A Romanian Crown was grinded up from all the Romanian Steyr, the remains in service after communist takeover. The star (Six pointed IMHO) has nothing to do with Russians. The Steyr M 12 from Romanian Army Reserve were sold (together with Berettas M 34 and M 38 SMG)in 1995 to Czech Republic (Arms Moravia LTD)and then resold around the world. I can state, the Romanian Steyrs with Crown are in Europe very hard to find.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what does the star mean???My barrel and slide have both been electro-penciled to force match the number above the trigger.thanks

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hello,

got a Steyr too , its made 1913 and Number is 4938B , maybe the Krown/1912 on slide was taken off , there is to see that there has been something. Does anyone have the Serial Number range from the Romanian Contrakt Guns?

Download Attachment: Steyr M1912 Rumänien.jpg

Karlheinz

O

·
0 Posts
Jan, just for information, the last M34 Berettas sold from Romania were not purchased by Arms Moravia, but by a US company.
Okrana

·
Registered
782 Posts
This star is also seen on some C96 Mauser brooms with a "M" stamped over it. Some speculate it is a modification or re work stamp?

This one is on my military 1918 RFV marked broom.

The star on your Steyr also seems to be six sided! Not five.

Download Attachment: BroomBarrelBottom.jpg
30.16 KB?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts