Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
492 Posts
Assuming that a "force matched" pistol is one that has has a serial number added or modified, post production.
I am sending two photos:
M1912 Romanian
TT33 (1937)
My Romanian has neither the star mark, nor has it been forced matched.
My TT33 was manufactured in 1937 at the Tula arsenal south of Moscow, and is marked by a very similar star which signifys the Tula arsenal.
I have seen a similar query re. the same star marking on an HSc.
Could it be possible that your Romanian was captured by the Ruskys and reworked or force matched at the Tula arsenal?
Download Attachment: Steyr-Hahn-Romanian-1.jpg
97.94 KB
Download Attachment: Steyr-Hahn-Romanian-2.jpg
101.93 KB
Download Attachment: Steyr-Hahn-Romanian-3.jpg
57.74 KB
Download Attachment: RussianTT33-3.jpg
118.32 KB

· Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the slide and the barrel on mine have been electro-penciled which is quite common. I have a Steyr m1895 Carbine made for Bulgaria and the bolt on it is the same way. Good question on the star. May have been reworked by the Russians?? and on the slide there is no crown,may have been sanded off?looks like it to me,thanks

· Registered
416 Posts
A Romanian Crown was grinded up from all the Romanian Steyr, the remains in service after communist takeover. The star (Six pointed IMHO) has nothing to do with Russians. The Steyr M 12 from Romanian Army Reserve were sold (together with Berettas M 34 and M 38 SMG)in 1995 to Czech Republic (Arms Moravia LTD)and then resold around the world. I can state, the Romanian Steyrs with Crown are in Europe very hard to find.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.