Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I acquired this Artillery from Ralph Shattuck at the Big Reno Show last month. It is all matching including grips and has the fine tune sights front and rear. It has some frosting on the exterior of barrel on the right side and significant blue loss fading/turning to a brown gray patina overall. It has a very nice bore and is very tight mechanically. I had it at the range today and it performed beautifully. It digested Remington, Sellier and Bellot and even Fiocchi FMJ Hollow Point 115 gr without missing a beat and not one failure to chamber and eject. Very accurate but I need to adjust the sights as it is shooting about 9 inches right at 25 yards. Is there away to adjust the fine tune sights without the little tool? maybe I can make one? What is the proper procedure to adjust for windage? do you start with the front or use the rear sight for most of the adjustment? Here are some pictures. Best regards and good collecting to all!

Artillery Luger Right.jpg

Artillery Luger Left.jpg

Artillery Barrel Serial and Size marking.jpg

Artillery Receiver & Bolt.jpg

Artillery Front Sight Fine Tune.jpg

Artillery Rear Sight Fine Tune.jpg

· Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jerry and Ron,

Thanks for the quick replies. No I am not rich (would sure help in this Luger collecting business) just insane. But I take the insanity remark as a compliment!

I don't know what possesded me to shoot such a nice all matching 1915 Artillery Luger veteran--I guess I just had to see how it worked and handled. Curiosity quirk satisfied!

I have this specimen all cleaned up and now will retire it from my official use and shoot inventory. I will have to get a shooter Luger to sastify my need to fire a military Luger.

This Artillery is sure a fine built piece of mechanical precision and art. I love the way things fit together so finely and tightly even after all of these years.

Well, on to the next Luger and thanks again guys for your input and remarks that have brought me back from the edge of insanity--sure was fun while it lasted! Lloyd in Vegas

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.