Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - first time poster, so apologies in advance for any mistakes. If anyone can provide any input, especially value ranges, I would very much appreciate it. I am told by my father that this Luger has matching serial numbers, except for the magazine. Please let me know if you need additional pictures.

Revolver Household hardware Wood Gun accessory Rectangle

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Shotgun Gun accessory
Textile Wood Rectangle Font Tool
Computer Laptop Personal computer Audio equipment Peripheral

·
Administrator
14,259 Posts
Looks like a very nice DWM (maker) from 1915 (the year) issued to the army most likely. Value is subjective and depends on if it is all matching - likey dad is right. See the FAQ in the new collectors area, download and peruse, it has all kinds of info, but we are happy to also tell you.
$1100 if mismatched (not counting mag) and if matched, I'd say $1600-$1700

Any story and how he acquired it?

Ed

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks like a very nice DWM (maker) from 1915 (the year) issued to the army most likely. Value is subjective and depends on if it is all matching - likey dad is right. See the FAQ in the new collectors area, download and peruse, it has all kinds of info, but we are happy to also tell you.
$1100 if mismatched (not counting mag) and if matched, I'd say $1600-$1700

Any story and how he acquired it?

Ed
Thank you all so much. I will look at the FAQ. I'm sure he's told me the story, but I will ask him again tomorrow. I believe he purchased it long ago. I will post any additional details I can get. He's had it for a very long time though - at least 50 years.

·
Administrator
14,259 Posts
that would be its suffix - so serial number and the letter 'c'
The reason he asked was that a number of lugers had unit markings (many don't) and he hoped it might have been missed

Reactions: fwafwow

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Real nice Luger, I have a 1915 DWM all matching except mag in about the same condition as yours. If you don’t know how to take it apart watch a video and see if internal #’s match, These are great pistols, enjoy and congratulations!
Jim

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry for the delay in getting you the story. According to my father, he purchased it for $65 from a widow of a WWI officer. He said he doesn't exactly remember when he purchased - he thinks during the Korean War. When I asked if it had been taken in the field, he said that he had told me all he remembers. He's 93, so I didn't want to press further.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts