Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out and shot my Artillery today. First time. It functioned flawlessly. 7"(Approx 2x width of a human heart) Target shows 21 rounds(7 RDS per mag.)of 115 gr Sellior& Belliot at a distance of 50 paces. Approx 45 yds.The extreme spread was largely due my aging vision and rain. 1916 Artillery w/stock , elbows rested on hood of rig, in pouring rain. The three holes in lower right are high fliers from a different gun. I sure would'nt want some pissed off son the Kiezer, popping off at me with one of these, at 150-200 yds or less. This thing is amazing! The Jack Rabbits in Eastern Oregon are'nt going to get any mercy.

If you have'nt got a shooter,
Get one! Ron

Download Attachment: 101_0154.jpg
152.25 KB

Download Attachment: 100_0074.jpg
130.19 KB

·
Super Moderator
4,971 Posts
Hi Ron,

Excellent. You might want to try some 124gr. S&B as it groups marginally better than the 115's. Lately I tend to follow the oldfashioned shooting position, as used by Luger himself, rather than the normal stretched-arm position. This means keeping a (non-stocked) luger relatively close to the shooting eye, with the shooting arm slightly bent, moving the pistol towards you until the sights are clear.

People at the range will usually comment you on this 'weird' posture, but when you show them the bulls-eyes aferwards, they usually remain quiet :)

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Vlim, If I moved the pistol closer to my eye, I could'nt see the pistol. My vision is rapidly going away. Time for real glasses. One of the advantages of being past 50. Thankyou for the advice however. I may try some of the 124 gr. I like heavier bullets.

Ron

G

·
FINALLY GOT TO POP OFF FIVE ROUNDS THIS WEEKEND FROM MY 1917 ARTILLERY SINCE BUYING IT IN '86 AND FINALLY GETTING IT INTO MY POSSESSION IN FEBRUARY OF THIS YEAR FROM CANADA. NOTICED A VERY LOUD "CRACK" OF A RAPPORT. USED 124 GRAIN GECO ROUNDS. I DIDN'T REALLY TRY TO AIM AS I WAS GETTING USED TO THE WAY THE PISTOL WOULD REACT IN MY HAND. HAVE NO IDEA IF THE LAST OWNER FIRED IT PRE-'86. RIFLING IS PRISTINE !

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet Member
11,114 Posts
Ron, Excellent. They are a hoot to shoot with the stock attached. You might want to consider a magazine change for shooting if that is an original magazine with this pistol. The actually kick pretty good against your shoulder...wouldn't think the lowly 9MM would do that. Jerry Burney

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jerry, I never use the original mag. I've got a stainless Mitchell mag I use. Works flawlessly in every Luger I've used it in. I wish I had a couple more of them.
Ron

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.