Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was curious as to the value of one of these. Its a 1916 DWM made luger. All the numbers are matching and its in pretty good shape, I don't think it has been refinished at all. There are some initials on it supposedly the officer that owned it at one point.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Platinum Bullet member
6,233 Posts
Roman, photos would be great, especially the "initials". Lacking that please post a very detailed description of the "initials", being sure to include any punctuation and exact location on the pistol.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll try to see about posting some pics. It is not my gun, it belongs to a friend and they want to know roughly what it might be worth. The only other thing I know at this point is that the serial number is: 918

·
Registered
14,166 Posts
Hi Roman,

Simspons has some 1916 for sale. You can compare their photos and the condition of those guns to your friend's and get some idea of value. Do not forget that luger dealers mark up so maybe take 15% or more...to get an idea of a gun's value selling between to private collectors.

http://www.simpsonltd.com/LugerRoom/DWM/dwm_lugers.htm

If you can post photos, the GunBoard members could certainly help you and your friend more...

·
Administrator
15,532 Posts
Hello Roman,

I think we need clearer and a bit brighter pictures. From what I can see right now, it appears to be refinished? (the trigger is blue, and it should be that golden or no finish color)

If so, then it only has a shooter value of around $450-$500.

Where in Colorado are you, I am sitting in Englewood near Denver right now as I type.

Ed

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.