Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Gold Bullet Member 2012
6,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another one I can't find in the books I have. It looks to me to be just a straight Imperial Army issue wtih no police stuff like a sear or mag safety. Mag was wood bottom with the number about gone to time but could make out just the + below the number. Would love to have somebody tell me it is Colonial like those marked in the similar location with a L.P.. Any input would be appreciated.

Download Attachment: MVC-006S.JPG
29.66 KB

Download Attachment: MVC-007S.JPG
31.72 KB

Download Attachment: MVC-008S.JPG
38.03 KB

Download Attachment: MVC-010S.JPG
25.51 KB

·
Registered
98 Posts
quote:Originally posted by taudelt

Another one I can't find in the books I have. It looks to me to be just a straight Imperial Army issue wtih no police stuff like a sear or mag safety. Mag was wood bottom with the number about gone to time but could make out just the + below the number. Would love to have somebody tell me it is Colonial like those marked in the similar location with a L.P.. Any input would be appreciated.
Taudelt,

"S.P.C." translates to Saechsische Schutzpolizei Chemnitz.

Klaus

·
Gold Bullet Member 2012
6,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Klaus and Ed....... Thanks for your comments. Klaus.....I assume that Saechsische stands for Saxon ...is that correct???

Got into my files last night and realize that about 10 years ago I had a 1916/1920 DWM # 598 b that had a stamp in the same location as this but it was stamped S.P.L.. Someone from Automag identified it as Saxon Police Leipzig. (That may have very well been you Klaus) This gun had a sear safety and also had an "x" out grip strap marking of S.L. Pol. 42 60 which again someone also identified as a Leipzig Police stamp.

Perhaps this S.P.C. gun just missed getting a sear safety. I assume this was Weimar period when all this took place. Interesting stuff.

·
Registered
98 Posts
quote:Originally posted by taudelt

Klaus and Ed....... Thanks for your comments. Klaus.....I assume that Saechsische stands for Saxon ...is that correct???

Got into my files last night and realize that about 10 years ago I had a 1916/1920 DWM # 598 b that had a stamp in the same location as this but it was stamped S.P.L.. Someone from Automag identified it as Saxon Police Leipzig. (That may have very well been you Klaus) This gun had a sear safety and also had an "x" out grip strap marking of S.L. Pol. 42 60 which again someone also identified as a Leipzig Police stamp.

Perhaps this S.P.C. gun just missed getting a sear safety. I assume this was Weimar period when all this took place. Interesting stuff.
Taudelt,

Wrong, "S.L.Pol." translates to Saechsische Landespolizei not Leipzig.

Klaus

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.