Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Gold Bullet Member 2012
6,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a fun one over the weekend. I guess I would call the marking locations somewhat different. Holster is also dated 1916.

Download Attachment: MVC-030S.JPG
25.83KB

I think Jeff's book is telling me the 10th Company of the 22nd Reserve Infantry Regiment.

Download Attachment: MVC-029S.JPG
32.25KB

I have never seen a holster marked on the mag pouch before.

Download Attachment: MVC-032S.JPG
33.96KB

Download Attachment: MVC-031S.JPG
36.22KB

LIFE IS GOOD..........

·
Platinum Bullet member
6,230 Posts
Dave, it's been quite some time. How's the rock business? What is the leather attachment to the lanyard loop? Cool markings; I have never seen one so marked on the pistol or the holster. I wonder if the markings aren't Weimar origin.

·
Premium Member
4,405 Posts
Dave
Excellent Imperial or Weimar find?

I agree with George, the markings may be Weimar. There was an Army directive dated 9 April 1921 (Gortz page 63), for marking weapons with a provisional marking (Kompagnie and weapon number) and the weapons were to be marked in a location(P08) other than the front strap. I have seen quite a few provisional markings stamped over the lanyard( see page 53 and 125, Weimar Lugers.)
Jan

·
Gold Bullet Member 2012
6,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yo George........ Rock business is still hard...... Took a picture of what had to be a pull out kind of deal. Sure looks like it was there for a while.

Download Attachment: MVC-033S.JPG
25.66KB

Appreciate the info from you and Jan about the Weimar period. Never knew that before. The story was that it was a bring back from WW2 and was taken in the Argonne area.

Thanks again for the input.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.