Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, There is a 1916 Erfurt Luger all matching and not imported listed on an auction sight. Now, the wierd thing about this is that this seller had this same pistol on the auction block last month. Then, the buy it now price was 799.99 and this auction the buy it now is 899.99. The last time it was being auctioned, I bid 702.00 and it sold for 704. Do you think it is worth buying? Im a newbie and have been looking to buy a Luger. Matter of fact, it was this perticular Luger that made me really want to buy one. All I can say about the Luger is that it appears to be all original and the bore is bright and shinny.

What should I do???????????????????

·
Platinum Bullet member
2,726 Posts
$900 is still a good price for such an Erfurt, providing it IS as advertised. If the magazine is matching as well, then it is definitely worth the price. Make sure the seller gives you the required three day inspection and you shouldn't lose here. Go for it before someone elso does!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok... I spoke to the first buyer of this Luger. He said he returned it because he believes it was reblued. Also, it has a plastic mag bottom and different grip screws. Since Im a newbie, I need some more advice. Let me know if it is a good buy or a bust. Thanks

·
Registered
6,194 Posts
Hi Adam,

I know the one that you are talking about. You can do better if you look around. I would agree with the first buyer. It looks reblued. Original Erfurt finish is dull in appearence. It looks as though it has been buffed.

Ron

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.