Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently acquired 1917 P-08 long barrel pistol (ser.#7322h) has regimental markings on the front grip strap: "93.R.11.7." I believe this rig, matching stock and leather holster with straps which is dated 1917, was issued to the 93rd Infantry Regiment (Duchy of Anhalt) which was part of the 8th Division during WW I.
I would like to know is how can one determine if this gun was assigned to a machine gun detachment. I have not disassembled the leather holster from the wooden stock yet to check for additonal markings. The holster is dated 1917 under the flap along with partial manufacturers marks. Unfortunately, the manufacturers I.D. is partially worn. The overall condition of the gun is a solid 90% plus as is the matching iron/stock and leather holster. The holster comes with all the internal accessories.
I would appreciate any assistance. Thank you for reading this post. der Sammler.

·
Gold Bullet Member 2012
5,342 Posts
Hi Ron, Welcome to the forum. Unless a gun is unit marked to a machine gun company (M.G.), there is no way to tell if it was used by a machine gun detachment. As Jerry has said, we'd like to see photos. Perhaps we can decipher that partial maker's mark on the holster. Regards, Norm

·
Platinum Bullet member
6,230 Posts
Ron B. I have two Lugers marked to the 93rd. They are shown in the attached post on this forum. Your LP08 was most likely assigned to trench raiders in the 11th company. By 1917 the LP08 had evolved tactical changes from a defensive weapon to an offensive weapon.http://luger.gunboards.com/showthread.php?21632-1912-Erfurt-P08

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.