Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gents: I am offered a 1917 Erfurt- supposedly a ww2 "dead German" pickup. The US vet recently passed away, and that wat the story his kids seem to have. No holster or spare mags, mag unmarked.
I am unable to take/post pics or I would.
Marked as follows: serial # 3598 with the cursive lower-case "f".
Several internal parts don't match but most do.
Under barrel marked 3598, with a mark under it that looks like "3.25" or "3.83".
There are various proofs- crowns over "nR"? crown over "P"? and an eagle that might be holding arrows? Also appears to be a crown over "G". NO apparent Nazi marks, no redate.. Grips appear original and the numbers match the last two digits of S N and are consistent with what Ive seen on other Parabellum grips.
Finish is so so, speckled a bit, strawing not readily apparent, no gouges or real pitting. Bore looks strong, needs a good cleaning.
Here's the kicker- the widow is entertaining "offers" on it (her kids must be nuts to let it out of the family).
What might something like this go for.. I realise pics would help. I'd like to get it but really dunno what to give her for it. Looks like a good shooter, may be more than that. Ive wanted a pre-1918 Luger for a long while... I dont want to take it in the shorts, either tho. Thanks for any help or comments you might care to give!

·
Administrator
16,727 Posts
If it has mismatched internal parts, then it is a shooter and worth $450-$550 (but what do you mean when you say that it has mismatched interanl aprts?)

Ed

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well not all the parts match the last two numbers of the serial. "26" instead of "98". Otherwise all original, I would say. Again, no # on the mag. Thanks

·
Administrator
16,727 Posts
If major parts, or I should say, if parts that should be 98, and are marked 26, it is generally a shooter. Above prices apply.

Ed

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.