Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet Member
10,173 Posts
A story is a story but how likely is it that a German Officer hands off a bulky WW1 pistol in WW2? The rig is rightious on it;s own seemingly but the story makes little sense.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Only thing I can think is that by April of '45, weren't Kriegsmarine men pulled onto land in defense of the Reich as it was swarmed from both sides? A P.04 would be a bulky pistol, but by April the Germans hardly had any logistics left to work with and whatever weapons they could scrape up were pressed to service as they beat sticks, fists, rocks, or blades as combat utensils.

I suppose in lieu of an MP.40 or something, a stocked and longer barreled Luger would be a functional option for a junior officer or NCO to have in an urban/suburban combat setting. Again, all is just conjecture on our end as we weren't there to confirm or deny this story. But the bring back paperwork makes me less dismissive of it that I otherwise would be.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
This 1917 Navy with non-navy magazine but beautiful Ed. Mozer holster sold last night for $10,025.00 not including shipping, a new world record! Maybe it was the story?
Norm

·
Registered
483 Posts
This 1917 Navy with non-navy magazine but beautiful Ed. Mozer holster sold last night for $10,025.00 not including shipping, a new world record! Maybe it was the story?
Norm
What would have been a more accurate and reasonable value?

·
Registered
29 Posts
That's an expensive story! The story IS very interesting but I personally have to question whether this paperwork originally went with this Luger. No serial number is recorded in either document and no specific details about the gun are given in the story. Almost EVERY Luger used in WW2 had a 4" barrel and fixed sights, and this one is VERY different. If the story is supposed to "authenticate" the gun, I would think that would have been worth mentioning. jmho
-Jason

·
10,173 Posts
Nah, The holster sent it over the top. At least it's believable. unlike the story.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Nah, The holster sent it over the top. At least it's believable. unlike the story.
Oh, I believe the story. Just not so sure about it's connection to this rig... Where's the extra magazine mentioned? The holster IS really, really nice. Which also adds to my doubt that it saw action in BOTH world wars...

·
10,173 Posts
German Officers just didn't lug around heavy Imperial Navy or Artillery pistols and would likely rather die than present one at surrender. German Officers were an elite class of military man. Improbable, not plausable, no...impossible. Even in surrender image must be considered. It would be similar to handing over a panzerfaust. No, PP-PPk- Hsc even maybe a Radom although that would be as out of place. Like Scripple says..maybe the story IS true..just no connection to this Navy.

Reactions: spripple33
1 - 12 of 12 Posts