Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
bought recently a new piece for my collection - a 1918 Artillery, 3 digit number suffix C.
Should be produced at the beginning of 1918?

!!!!!!!I noticed that the beech wood grips are not numbered!!!!!!

see the pics!

Roland

Download Attachment: li.jpg
57.37 KB

Download Attachment: re.jpg
48.68 KB

Download Attachment: oben.jpg
42.07 KB

Download Attachment: li detail.jpg
56.84 KB

·
Registered
144 Posts
Absolutely beautiful.

Could you please post the right reciever stamps in a photo? I would like to especially see the final acceptance stamp (on the right), and perhaps, that may give a clue as to the date of manufacture. As well - if it is not a problem, the serial number itself.

Stunning piece!!!

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello again! I´m happy that you like this pice! Ser.Nr. is 633
Makes always fun to have collectors recognizing a nice condition, that helps me to suffer from the high price, I paied to a friend!
Here I´m going to post some more pics of the proof marks:

Download Attachment: stempel1.jpg
94.25KB

Download Attachment: stempel11.jpg
61.23KB

Download Attachment: stempel111.jpg
52.96KB

·
Premium Member
4,402 Posts
Roland
Excellent photographs and presentation. Sometimes the grips are not numbered; however, the beech grips are proper for 1917 and 1918 Imperial Lugers. Your photograph is not sufficently sharp to determine the barrel proof. I would guess that it is the style of proof used by inspectors associated with the DWM plant. As I recall, the Erfurt style proof is more commonly associated with the 1917 and 1918 artillery barrels.
Jan

·
Registered
594 Posts
Roland,

I own a pristine, standard (4" barrel)1918 DWM, and it also has beech grips which are not numbered but appear to have been on the gun from the beginning.

Luke

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.