Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here we have an all matching 1918 DWM Luger for review. The luger also came with a reichsrevolver conversation holster with no tool inside the flap. Please let me know what you guys think. Thanks for your wisdom
419349.jpg
IMG_1704.jpg
IMG_1705.jpg
IMG_1707.jpg
IMG_1708.jpg
!

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Looks like an honest 1918 DWM Luger that needs a good cleaning inside and out. (I see rust in the bore) Go over the exterior with an oily cloth and clean the bore with a good solvent and brush. It should present itself quite well.

The holster is interesting and unusual. Lugerholsterrepair on this forum can repair the broken strap and anything else that needs attention on the holster.

You have a nice Imperial Luger that's well worth preserving.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally a holster for the Reichsrevolver's in use by Germany before the adoption of the 1908 Luger pistols. Converted for issue with the P.08, the pouch on the front for revolver ammunition removed, belt loops relocated, extra magazine pouch added along the leading edge, flap attached with small pouch for a takedown tool and internal lifting strap was added.

·
Premium Member
3,768 Posts
Looks like an honest 1918 DWM Luger that needs a good cleaning inside and out. (I see rust in the bore) Go over the exterior with an oily cloth and clean the bore with a good solvent and brush. It should present itself quite well.

The holster is interesting and unusual. Lugerholsterrepair on this forum can repair the broken strap and anything else that needs attention on the holster.

You have a nice Imperial Luger that's well worth preserving.
How do you know thats not copper?

·
Registered
465 Posts
Reichsrevolver holster is overall decent, but the flap is a little dry with cracking, and it needs the buckle strap replaced. I would check with Jerry Burney and see what could be done since these holsters are collectible.

·
Registered
5,762 Posts
Doesn't matter if it is copper or rust, still needs cleaning!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts