Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just received this Imperial holster and a magazine, marked Hohmann & Sohn Kaiserslautern 1918. I'm looking at the blister in front and the white area under the flap for the takedown tool. Any suggestions for addressing these? Aside from that I was thinking a light application of Connolly Hide Care calling it good. A big Thank You to Jerry and Klaus for helping me out on this. Jerry pointed out the top stitching on the draw strap as being a “interesting variation“.

Wood Grey Fashion accessory Hardwood Metal

Brown Musical instrument accessory Bicycle saddle Bicycle part Beige

Brown Fashion accessory Leather Composite material Beige

Rectangle Wood Tool Auto part Metal

Brown Bag Font Fashion accessory Leather

Road surface Asphalt Tar Wood Soil

Brown Bag Beige Handgun holster Personal protective equipment

Brown Beige Fashion accessory Rectangle Electric blue

Brown Sleeve Font Rectangle Fashion accessory

Brown Shoe Beige Font Leather
Helmet Wood Artifact Breastplate Armour

Brown Product Luggage and bags Textile Sleeve

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet Member
10,739 Posts
Rich, I am happy to see you have ended up with this fine holster! The residue under the tool pouch lid is insect residue. Just brush it off with a toothbrush. The "blister" looks more like a dent? I wouldn't obsess about it. Whatever it is, it's been there over a hundred years...
Put a belt loop spacer in the loops. You don't want the tops to crack. A little lanolin too..
This little beauty is made a bit differently than most..A very unusual pull-up strap. Made and installed similar to a Navy or Artillery. Not often you see this.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rich, I am happy to see you have ended up with this fine holster! The residue under the tool pouch lid is insect residue. Just brush it off with a toothbrush. The "blister" looks more like a dent? I wouldn't obsess about it. Whatever it is, it's been there over a hundred years...
Put a belt loop spacer in the loops. You don't want the tops to crack. A little lanolin too..
This little beauty is made a bit differently than most..A very unusual pull-up strap. Made and installed similar to a Navy or Artillery. Not often you see this.
Thanks again for your help on this Jerry, the original pictures certainly didn’t do justice to this 100 year old piece of history.

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet Member
10,739 Posts
Yes, Photo's rarely capture what you can see in hand. That magazine has seen better days!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts