Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a luger marked 1918. The barrel is still bluish. I don't know anything about firearms and tha's all I can tell you about this pistol. It was my fathers and now sits in a safety deposit boxx, so I can't tell you what other markings it has. What is it's value, or value "range" since I couldn't provide any other info.

Thanks

·
Administrator
16,719 Posts
Andrew, with this information, it is impossible to give you a real value. If beat up to hell, mis-matched parts, etc., it is worth $400 - $500 max (maybe less). If in really pristine shape, it could be worth $1400.

I imagine somewhere in the middle, a likely is $800, but it all depends on condition, original parts etc.

Ed

·
Registered
597 Posts
Andrew -

Ed's estimate range is about right but necessarily broad, given the minimal amount of information. I bought a pristine 1918 DWM Luger last year for $1250.

A much more precise answer would be possible if you can provide detailed pictures and a better description.
You can upload pictures taken with a digital camera or images made with a flatbed scanner.

Luke

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Luke, but I'm a little in the back ages, still no digital camera. I'm due to go into the deposit box next month anyway and I think I'll empty whatever I can from there and go from that point. There are supposed to be other guns in there also but I haven't seen ANY of them. (long story) But I know there's supposed to be 2 police 38 specials, a Baretta, a 45cal US Military and I think a couple of others. My mom wouldn't let my dad keep guns in the house!!! (haha.......another long story!!!) Well, we'll see what happens. Thanks for your feedback and Ed's also.....you guys are great........and quick!!!!!!!!!! Thanx again!!!!!!

Andy

·
Gold Bullet Member 2012
6,169 Posts
Andy....... Welcome to the FORUM. I would suggest to you that it would be worth the effort to either get or borrow a camera or perhaps get someone you trust to do the posting for you. There is a lot of experience on this board but it is really hard to help without seeing good pictures. Think about it.........

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm in the process of buying a digital camera anyway; I have lots of stuff to sell on ebay. So, at that time, I'll also take pics of all the items in the deposit box. Thanks again

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.