Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there verified instances of Vet bring backs. Having "Germany" export stamps? I'm looking at an odd 1920 Comm. It has the usual war story. "The vet I bought it from said!" Supposedly a combat vet found it in a house in Nuremburg in 1945.
Ron

·
Premium Member
4,402 Posts
Ron
I have examined a few Lugers with the police sear safety (applied according to 1933 orders)with the GERMANY stamp. It is almost certain that these Lugers remained with the police until the end of World War II. Apparentally during the Weimar Era, a very few Lugers were rerouted to the police after the GERMANY stamp was applied.

That said, I would be very skeptical concerning World War II vet bring back stories, if the Lugers has a GERMANY stamp.
Jan

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jan, I am Very skeptical. I'm pretty certain it's a creatively re-built 9mm, 1920 comm., parts gun. But the price is ok. It would make a nice shooter.I don't really like to doubt anyones word until I know for sure. And it's possible. Not likely, but possible. Thanks!
Ron

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,688 Posts
Ron,

I don't know if you will read this post since it is quite old, but a friend of mine who is not a collector at all, gave me a 1920 Comm. in 7.65, with GERMANY stamped on it. He showed me the capture papers his father brought back (with some other rifle he is keeping), and the holster this pistol was in. He told me I could have the holster too, but his Dad had "modified" it a bit and I didn't want it. This all happened about 31 yrs ago. I still have the pistol. At the time I thought it quite strange that a soldier would be carrying a .30 cal Luger made for export. Although, at the end of the War many things were pressed into service!!

Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.