Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen and possibly Ladies: I revived an old thread as i just came across it when discussing my "commercial navy" with a friend. I believe that i own the pistol spoken of , or one just like it, at the beginning of the thread. (since about 2009 or 2010, possibly a year or two earlier).

Navy Commercial

The frame is a short style frame with no proof marks except a circular proof of some sort inside under the locking lug.
Serial:9304 a. the left grip is police as it has the mag safety cut out. no number or marks on the inside. The right grip is marked 82. take down lever is marked 67 on the bottom. trigger is 88.The safety lever, bar and hold open are not marked. It has the stock lug and no milling for a grip safety.

The barrel is marked with Germany horizontal and a C/M proof, no other marks. The barrel has the spacer mentioned in post 3.The extension has some small proof letters beside the locking lug, but no other proofs or chamber marks. The side plate is a obvious replacement marked with a 57 in the middle and a c/u or j ??? imperial i believe.

The toggles: rear toggle is the navy 100, 200 sight and a 67 on the rear, has an s marked on the right underside strut. no other marks visible. center is DWM marked on top, and 67 on the underside. another small proof looks like a o1 very close together to appear as a single mark. ft. toggle or breach block has a 79 on the left side and no other marks.
Extractor is marked geladen on the left but no number or other marks. Fire pin is early, no flutes, with no marks.
Barrel may have been a reblue as the blue does not match the extension. i believe the toggles are orig blue and the frame as well.

I know that this is more than likely a parts put together but it sure looks nice on the shelf. I am interested if anyone else has seen or owns one with the barrel spacer.

Ryche

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dwight: Thanks for the correction. It was my bad reading of it when trying to type in a not well lit room :)
Ryche

1 - 3 of 3 Posts