Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys kinda happened upon this site by accident and havent looked back since really great informative stuff here... well heres my question a while back i picked a lugar 1918/1920 from an estate the history as i was told was that it was picked up in berlin in 45 by and mailed yes mailed home at some point there after somewhere in the process it was chromed that is my dilemma what to do strip it and reblue or keep as?it is not a new job by anymeans it is how it was when it arrived here.I have been told that the french were chroming pistols so the gi's could bring back "officers" weapons. it is all matched eccept the mag which is an eagle 63 and the chrome is flaking too so any thoughts guys?thanks-Jim
heres the pics too... http://www.hunt101.com/showgallery.php?cat=998&thumb=1&si=mackatpanamared

·
Registered
154 Posts
If you decide to restore it I can do the work for you. Here are pictures of a G Date Luger that was chromed (not nickel) on top and put on an old pitted frame. I also lapped the two pieces so they fit properly.

Download Attachment: CCGDateB1.jpg
251.65KB

Download Attachment: CCGDateB2.jpg
241.58KB

Download Attachment: CCGDateA1small.jpg
237.4KB

Download Attachment: CCGDateA2small.jpg
230.47KB

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Thor I must say you do top notch work very impressive. my whole thing is really weather or not to restore as it shoots well and does draw a few lookers at the club so im kinda up in the air as to what to do.... i know it could look almost as new and its probably worthless in its current condition...just kinda tryin to get a consensus on what others, like you, are doing... and let me say what a beautiful gun to shoot will even go as far as to say my favorite one for that matter

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Mack, My opinion is. If you can afford it. Have Thor re-do it. It will be worth more than you will pay for the re-do, after he's done. It's a shame to leave a nice pistol in that condition. I have nothing to gain in this, one way or the other. It's just that, if it were me. I would do it.
Ron

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.