Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got this 1921 DWM P-08 and 2 other pistols from a vet's estate yesterday, the Luger #9110 is matching except for the mag, does look like it went through 44 years of service, it has 2 unit markings on it and the proof marks on the right side are barely there.

Chuck

Attachments

·
Administrator
13,138 Posts
so a provisional marking on the rear and a weimar unit marking on the front grip strap.

nice find

Ed

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
As Ed said,
the rear marking is a Provisional or additional marking to be seen easily when the pistol is in a rack or holster.
It is the same unit as the full marking on the front strap.
1st company, weapon #16 of Infantry Regiment 6(Weimar era army, the Reichwehr)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Is it just heavy patina on the strawed parts or has it been refinished? Would explain the faint markings if it was.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
If it was refinished, I'd bet it was a period depot job.

A nice look to your 1921 , I like it !

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
Is it just heavy patina on the strawed parts or has it been refinished? Would explain the faint markings if it was.
Not refinished, a little worn; markings look pretty normal to me.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Don,

My biggest suspicions concerning the refinish include the extractor/loaded chamber indicator number, and the very faint proofs on the right side of the receiver. In addition to the aforementioned lack of clearly strawed parts.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
IMO it has been reblued although a very long time ago. Look carefully at the right full side view. The ejector, the trigger, the locking bolt and mag release are all blued rather than straw as they should be.

The closeup left side view shows that the locking bolt and trigger are not straw colored and the safety lever shows evidence toward the top of having been blued.

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
OK,
I changed my mind- refinished, a long time ago. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts