Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1921 DWM Police and accessories- did I do good? Pic heavy

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  prairiedogpat 
#1 ·
With a milestone birthday coming up next year, I finally stepped up for a Luger to check off my gun bucket list. For me, its the sweat spot. Nice enough example to proudly be a center stone of my collection, but not so nice that I never want to shoot it. (unless you tell me I stumbled across something super rare lol)
Bore looks outstanding, shiny. Finish looks nice with only one spot on the barrel that shows some pitting.
Numbers all match. Straw looks pretty good to my eyes. Don't know what the estimate percent would be.

With the pistol, I got some accessories that made this the deal I needed to lock up. Thing is, I know next to zilch about holsters and mag pouches. What would you say the rough value is and is this holster worth repairing? (Closing strap threads are gone, no keeper)
The package I got was the pistol, holster, mag pouch, 4 total mags, and a tool.

One matching mag to the gun (number 2). Two in a mag pouch one in the holster. The two mags in the pouch are wood bottom and matching numbers to each other.

Sorry for the pic quality. Took them at the shop as I'm in my states new background check/waiting period jail for the next couple weeks at least.

I appreciate any info and input you have on these items.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
One can't say if you did well or not without knowing what you paid for the group.

Pistol looks good, but a relatively common police luger, marked to the Weisbaden Schupo Area I(which was the city of Frankfurt am Main).

The mag pouch is one commonly called an "Artillery pouch" and used with the artillery luger rig. Which has value in itself, along with the two spare mags.

The holster is worth repairing. PM lugerholster repair- Jerry Burney and discuss with him.

The tool is cool, and I believe marked to a Husaren regiment of WWI.

Values are all over the place on each of these items, so you go first with what you paid. It is much easier to get a comment like
"good price", or "too much", or "great deal"- than a value.

#3 ·
Thank you. The group was on consignment at a LGS. Negotiated $2000 “out the door” price. (My state has 10% sales tax and requires background checks and transfer fees).
For free states, that’s $1800 for the package.
I will definitely reach out on the holster then. I’d like it fixed, especially if it makes economic sense. Never collected leather before other than a couple slings for a K98 and 1903 rifle.
My thinking was the holster was worth a ~couple hundred and a ~couple hundred for the spare mags, so the “extras” brought down the actual price of the “Luger only”.
It seems to work great for my wife and shopping math.

#4 ·
Yes, I agree, the price was ok.

Just FYI, all states require background checks by a LGS or other licensed dealer- it is a Federal requirement.

#5 ·
Bgd,

Don't let Don spoil your enthusiasm. You thought it was a good buy or else you wouldn't have bought it. It looks like a nice rig at a pretty fair price.
Pat

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.