Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
5,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received this one yesterday. 1921 DWM Reichwehr issue, Ser# 4884a. It's not in the greatest condition, but after confering with Jan Still and George Anderson. I have decided to keep it.It's all matching except the mag. About 65-70% condition overall.

Download Attachment: 1921 top.jpg
100.13 KB

Download Attachment: 1921 proofs.jpg
74.74 KB

Download Attachment: 1921 sideplate.jpg
73.6 KB

Download Attachment: 1921 Ser Num.jpg
60.59 KB

Download Attachment: 1921 unit mark.jpg
65.6 KB

The reason I decided to hang on to it. It's Unit marked to 2nd Eskadron, 1st Reiter(cavalry)Regiment weapon #46. Both Jan and George consider this a scarce, if not rare unit marking. Information on Weimar units is rather scarce. If anyone knows anything of the history of this unit. It would be greatly appreciated. As stated in previous posts. Only 10,000 suffix ns, a and b ser#s were issued to the Army. All others were issued to police units.
Download Attachment: 1921 Reiter LS.jpg
125.32 KB

Download Attachment: 1921 Reiter RS.jpg
120.22 KB

Ron

· Registered
5,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ed I paid a premium for it, but I think the rarity of the markings offsets the price. At least that's what I want to believe. ;) It needs some TLC. I may send it to Ted Green later for a touch up. Then again, I may not. Wait and see I guess.

Thanks,Ron

· Platinum Bullet member
6,534 Posts
Ron, I think the condition is not that bad. Leave it like it is, maybe rub it down a bit, I'll come pick it up when you need bail money.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.