Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen, I need your advice. A friend has a 1930 Model Sauer in ABSOLUTELY MINT condition. It is not the "Behorden" model with the loaded chamber indicator and trigger safety. He wants $375. for it and won't budge! I'm sorry I can't post a picture. I don't think these are worth more than $300-325. In your learned opinions,is this item worth it? The ONLY thing I could find wrong was that somebody used too large a screwdriver taking out a grip screw and scraped the side of the grip. You wouldn't even notice this unless you were using a large magnifier like I was!!!

Dave

·
Administrator
15,542 Posts
No clue...

Is a non-ABSOLUTELY MINT condition one worth $325? If so, then with that measely $50, can you ever upgrade?

A month from now, have your friend buy you dinner or drinks and that $50 bucks disappears, or trade him something worth $100 to him and worth $50 to you...

Ed

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the words of wisdom Ed. The thing is, I don't really need it...I just WANT it!! Mainly because of the condition! As I advised another collector....always go for the best condition you can afford....unless it's a really rare piece, those are the ones that will appreciate!!
Regards,

Dave

·
Registered
15 Posts
I collect JP Sauers and my advice is to get it. They are catching on with the collecting crowd. 1930 model is hard to come by in mint condition. In 12 months it will be worth more than $400 on the auction sights.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.