Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen,

I am not that knowledgable about holsters but have recently purchased a 1934 Mauser in a minty brown leater holster with a M in a circle on the back. What does this stand for? The only bad thing is that the bottom of the belt loop has been restiched on.

Thanks for the help.

Mark

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
Mark : Your holster and its mark is for the Kreigsmarine and is a mark not commonly found. About midway through the period of 1933 to 1945 it was established. Not normally discussed in open circles as one could readily reproduce it by selected individuals whose intent are not always honorable. Enough said !! I am asuming that in addition to your circle M that it is sitting below another circle with a swatizka inside the top circle ??

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Huggie,

Yes, there is another poorly imprinted circle that interlocks the top of the circle M. It has what appears to be a swastika in it, now that I know what to look for.

Thanks, I suspected that this is what it was and will post some pictures soon.

Mark

·
Registered
166 Posts
Huggie,
I have a holster with the same marking on the reverse towards the toe for the Mauser 1934. I thought the marking was fake because I have never seen one in a book or heard it talked about. The holster itself looked correct, just the marking looked more like a trademark than a proof mark. Glad to know that maybe I have a correct KM marked holster for my 1934 Mauser Navy which it came in. Thanks for the info. Bob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.