Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Submitted here is my example of the Romanian contract for the 1934 Beretta, 9mm Scurt. Both pistol and holster are marked as being accepted by the Romanian Arsenal with the famous CM acceptance stamp. The entire slide is plum colored which is because of either the temperature of the bluing tank was incorrect or the bluing salts were not of sufficient strenght. This is an example where a five digit fixture or jig was used in order to apply the serial numbers as the fixture or jig had no provision for a blank space so a zero was used in its place. In this case,showing the two zeros in front of the three digit serial number. What question I have always asked myself is, how did a benchmark Romanian pistol reach the U S Forces and eventually end up in the States ? Questions, Questions, but little or no answers ?

Download Attachment: holster front.JPG
158.29KB

Download Attachment: holster rear.JPG
154.67KB

Download Attachment: holster exposed.JPG
165.66KB

Download Attachment: acceptance mark.JPG
152.99KB

Download Attachment: pistol left side.JPG
140.35KB

Download Attachment: left side close up.JPG
135.74KB

Download Attachment: Beretta right side.JPG
192.86KB

Download Attachment: serial number.JPG
145.29KB

Download Attachment: pistol acceptance mark.JPG
125.41KB

·
Registered
61 Posts
How hard are low number, unreworked Romanian contract M1934 to find? I am persuing one very similar to the one show with a 3 or 4 digit serial number, zero in front of the number as shown and the CM marking, as shown. The price is $250. Good, bad or pass? I see no importers markings on the one I am looking at so I feel it may be a vet returned piece. Good idea to pick this one up for this price?

·
Registered
61 Posts
How hard are low number, unreworked Romanian contract M1934 to find? I am persuing one very similar to the one show with a 3 or 4 digit serial number, zero in front of the number as shown and the CM marking, as shown. The price is $250. Good, bad or pass? I see no importers markings on the one I am looking at so I feel it may be a vet returned piece. Good idea to pick this one up for this price?

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If the pistol is all original like what you have stated , then the price is worthy of pursue.

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If the pistol is all original like what you have stated , then the price is worthy of pursue.

·
Registered
61 Posts
quote:Originally posted by huggiebear

Yeah I have been thinking about making the drive over today to see it a little closer. I did not get a good look at it the last time as the seller was in a rush. I will post back what I see. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
61 Posts
quote:Originally posted by huggiebear

Yeah I have been thinking about making the drive over today to see it a little closer. I did not get a good look at it the last time as the seller was in a rush. I will post back what I see. Thanks for the help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts