Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 of these consecitive serial numbers I think that and others I know feel that they are not original. All parts are numbered the same but both triggers have been over stamped and also the 7s and 4s on some parts are diferent. The trigger I think is not the right width as the trigger lever on the side plate has been filed very roughly compared to all the other lugers I have. Can anybody tell me what width the trigger should be and also should the numbers be the same stamping on all the parts. Also would the triger be overstamped from original. Hope that I have explained this properly
Thanks

·
Registered
411 Posts
Hello Evan
I Have Portuguesse GNR serial number 2347V. I will take a look at it in a few days and compare the 4's and 7's on the parts and post photos if you would like, just let me know.
Thanks
Ed Roane

Download Attachment: Mvc-001f.jpg
51.21KB

Download Attachment: Mvc-003f.jpg
57.44KB

Download Attachment: Mvc-004f.jpg
55.78KB

Download Attachment: Mvc-005f.jpg
61.58KB

Download Attachment: Mvc-006f.jpg
56.98KB

Download Attachment: Mvc-007f.jpg
44.33KB

Download Attachment: Mvc-008f.jpg
53.9KB

Download Attachment: Mvc-009f.jpg
43.98KB

Download Attachment: Mvc-010f.jpg
65.3KB

Download Attachment: Mvc-012f.jpg
67.6KB

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for getting back to me Ed Tinker and Ed Roane this is really appreciated. Ed could you do me a favour and take another photo of the inside of the sideplate looking down on top of the lever that goes into the triger. also do you have someway of measureing the triger width with vernier calipers metric or imperial would do.
The serial numbers of mine are 2374 and 2375 These were sold to me sight unseen along with a navy and were given me to believe that the condition was 98% but both are far from this when they were handed to me and the navy has had a lot of work done on it. Unfortunately the dealer in America has been very hard to get information out of regarding condition and what was paid to him. I am going to try and get some decent photos of the navy and post that as well. Your photos are really good i wish my camera would take photos close up this good i have a sony 3 megapixel probably the camera is ok but the operator is not up to it
thanks again evan

·
Registered
411 Posts
quote:Originally posted by kiwigrizz

Thanks for getting back to me Ed Tinker and Ed Roane this is really appreciated. Ed could you do me a favour and take another photo of the inside of the sideplate looking down on top of the lever that goes into the triger. also do you have someway of measureing the triger width with vernier calipers metric or imperial would do.
The serial numbers of mine are 2374 and 2375 These were sold to me sight unseen along with a navy and were given me to believe that the condition was 98% but both are far from this when they were handed to me and the navy has had a lot of work done on it. Unfortunately the dealer in America has been very hard to get information out of regarding condition and what was paid to him. I am going to try and get some decent photos of the navy and post that as well. Your photos are really good i wish my camera would take photos close up this good i have a sony 3 megapixel probably the camera is ok but the operator is not up to it
thanks again evan
Evan
I will try to take the photo of the trigger lever and measure the width of the trigger later tonight.I have to work a little late today x-raying boiler tube welds for one of our local customers.
Ed

Plans Changed Timewise, Now I Have To GO Back In!

Download Attachment: Mvc-013f.jpg
75.98KB

Download Attachment: Mvc-014f.jpg
72.2KB
Width in this area 0.425"

Download Attachment: Mvc-015f.jpg
67.14KB
Width in this area 0.349"
If you need any more info. just let me know.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi there Ed thanks for the pictures this is much apreciated.Wow good photos. Ed it looks as though all your 4's are the same but the 7's are diferent is this correct. I have a case coming up next month with the person who misrepresented these gnr's and also the navy I'm unsure as to wether the dealer in the states lied to there condition or wether the chap here is the liar. I believe it is the chap here who mainly lied. I will get some pictures of these lugers so you can see them I paid nearly $22000.00 for the 3 lugers because the condition was rated so good and I have this in writing on 3 seperate ocasions from him. Tom I'm not sure that I am allowed to give names but the dealer in the states who sent them over here calls himself Mr Luger and has a web site also lives in Peoria A.Z. I have emailed him but he fudges around and gave me no info on the firearms

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi there again I have been trying to get my photos to look better but i'm obviously not so good at this I have got photos of the main problem areas on the trigger and will post these to see if they come out on the site also at the top of the trigger where the side plate lever goes into the top of the trigger on both my GNR it is bent down I have about 40 other lugers and not one other has this done to them would this be normal also on the side plate lever that goes into the trigger it has been filed and looks different to anything else i have

Download Attachment: trademe stuff 019.jpg
147.94KB

Download Attachment: trademe stuff 020.jpg
153.87KB

Download Attachment: trademe stuff 021.jpg
150.24KB

Download Attachment: trademe stuff 022.jpg
150.9KB

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi again on the last picture it does not come up at my place but i clicked on it and it came up ok also both the number 7's on the trigger apair to be overstamped with either a number 5 or 6 underneath them this is why I feel that both lugers are not completely genuine I will post the navy now as well thanks guys for looking at this

·
Registered
250 Posts
Evan,
Would you post pics of the Navy sometime, or at least post which Navy model , number, and what the alterations/work are on the gun?
Sorry situation, but Waffenfabrik Peoria has been in business a long time.
Regards, RC

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi there Richard and Tony,
Good to see that my entry is still being read. Richard the Navy is posted under Navy lugers 1904 to 1918 you will see my entry under Kiwigrizz if you look at the pictures of my navy you will see the problems but the give away was the toggle pin mine is the small one and all the 1916 and 1917 navys have a larger toggle pin have a look at the side plate where the number was it has been linished back nearly a millimetre and the extractor has been ground back it sticks out quite well in the photo it would have been ground back at least 1.5 millimetres I know that you people still work in inches a millimetre would be just under a sixtenth of an inch. When you first look at the gun it looks good but when its taken apart its junk not even a good doctoring job he musta bin a learner from preoria back yard bush mecanic. If you would like any more photos I could get the for you cheers and have a good day

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.