Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Value please.
Also anything specific about this 1935 G code Luger? Hard to find? Matching minus the mag. Very good bore. Looks like it retains alot of its original finish. A friend has offered it up for trade for my 1940 Russian SVT 40.

·
Premium Member
2,724 Posts
Nice looking "G" date. There can be more demand for "G" date Lugers from people that are chasing all the different patterns of acceptance markings (which changed over the year). Apart from that, and the lower quantity of these Early Mauser made Lugers, I don't think things abnormally drive their value. Clearly, the earlier they are, the more the finish and condition contributes to value - they were in service so much longer than the later pistols...

Prices have risen in the past year due to demand. Auction sites probably give the most accurate values:

There is a range of completed Gunbroker sales. A refinished mixed one sold for $2k with "Hoffman grips" on it.

One is repeatedly listed at $2,150. Bid sales range from $1,425 to $2,180, $2,225 and $2,650...

Marc

Reactions: relbot

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet Member
10,229 Posts
From what I can see the
1940 Russian SVT 40 sells for quite a bit more than this G date is worth. Looks like a bad trade.

·
Registered
6,434 Posts
Yeah, that is also my feeling. SVT is hot. Although most of them are typical Russian condition, but it is unbelievably hot. Why not sell that SVT, get cash, then ,,, many choices.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Beautiful "G"- date...if memory serves, there are 6 sub - variations...

I am a collector of "G"- dates, so my answer would be biased...

Looks to be all original rust-blued finish...I do see the "halo" effect of the S/N, on the underneath of the barrel...this is indicative of original finish...

Edward

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, that is also my feeling. SVT is hot. Although most of them are typical Russian condition, but it is unbelievably hot. Why not sell that SVT, get cash, then ,,, many choices.
ive been checkin GB seems refurbs SVTs sell for about 2k-2200. And mine is a refurb. Mostly early parts. Shiny bore. I could sell it and make some extra cash but we will see. I figured The Luger has to be just about the same value in trade. The ones i found that sold were over 2k. not just on GB

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet Member
10,229 Posts
ive been checkin GB seems refurbs SVTs sell for about 2k-2200. And mine is a refurb. Mostly early parts. Shiny bore. I could sell it and make some extra cash but we will see. I figured The Luger has to be just about the same value in trade. The ones i found that sold were over 2k. not just on GB
Just turned into a good trade..Your happy, he's happy. All is well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts