Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just acquired this holster. It is the police style and has the sunburst K on the back. It is in excellent condition. How does the value of this holster compare with the military style. I have an early G date and would prefer to have the military style holster. Thanks for all coments Bob

·
Administrator
16,719 Posts
Not as close as 1935 military is much harder to find.

Is it in black or brown? Brown is more expensive.

If you do a search on 1935 military holsters, they have gone for high prices, $500+

Ed

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
quote:Originally posted by Weimar_Police

If you do a search on 1935 military holsters, they have gone for high prices, $500+

Ed
It is black. I knew the MIL 1935 holsters were rare and sell for twice what a common date luger holster goes for. Was not sure if the police 1935 was more or less. Thanks for your reply. I would like to trade it for a 1935 MIL or maybe even for a real nice 1936. I will post photos in the trader section along with a nice Smith 1917 holster I want to sell

G

·
One more question on the 1935 police holster. Does the holster numbered to a pistol? I agree with ED, you will see about 6 1935 Police holsters to one Military 1935 dated holster. If the holster is not numbered, it should be worth a somewhat more than a numbered 1935 Police holster. Unless of course, if the number on the holster is in the 9000 range, or maybe in the 1 - 600 range it's value increases considerable.
Good Luck

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Weimar_Police

Ed

Odd. I have seen more 1935 luger military holsters that 1935 luger police holsters.

·
Administrator
16,719 Posts
Actually Charlie, I have neither and have seen few of either... This is what other collectors have told me, along with Still and Bender...

Ed

·
Registered
503 Posts
Currently have two 1935 dated holsters, one military with a G-Date pistol and the other is a brown police. The police holster is serial numbered on the back, with the the Luger, as well as it's numbered tool.

The military holsters, dated 1935 are far more expensive then other holsters of similar condition. The military that I have was made in Dresden. A few years ago I sold off another 1935 Dresden made holster.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
As I recall, I have two 1935 dated police holsters, both black, and four or five 1935 dated military holsters.

I know where there is another 1935 dated police holster (different markings) and made an offer for it. Should know within the next three months whether I can get it.

G

·
CPW
I have a B-90 S-92 G-Date with two matching magazines, maybe you would like to donate one of those ugly old 1935 Military holsters to a really good cause.
Good Luck
Don

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.