Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Orenstein & Koppel, located in Babelsberg , near Potsdam, was a major German engineering company specializing in railway vehicles, mostly diesel and steam locomotives, and construction equipment key to the German war machine. It’s Jewish owners were driven out around 1935 by the Nazis. The Nazi’s renamed the company in 1941 Maschienenbau und Bahnbedarf AG. After the war around 1946 the plant was taken over by the GDR, nationalized and renamed LOWA Lokomotiv Plant Karl Marx (LKM). It is very likely they inherited or appropriated Nazi pistols. The crude etching by hand on the slide was likely done by plant security folks at around that time (post war).

Walther Forum link for discussion.
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top