Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Chuck, that magazine looks like it's been re-numbered. That first four is right out, and I can almost see the old serial number under the Bubba typewriter job. Eh, no hair off my back. Looks like a buggered with RC, I guess some people can’t resist doing this. I’m no exception, I put over $300 into a RC bnz 43 single rune rifle trying to “restore” it. Non-collectors dig it, but it makes collectors sneer and snort in disgust:

Download Attachment: bnz43side.jpg
54.07KB

Jan, your S/42 police looks great, it has that classic un-buggered with look and patina to it that one learns how to recognize with experience. I'm curious, you have a copious collection indeed. Do you have a personal favorite? I mention this because a byf 41 “black widow” that used to be in your collection is my all time favorite looking P.08:

Download Attachment: p08_black_widow-1.jpg
52.16KB

Download Attachment: p08_black_widow-4.jpg
53.6KB

I’d have sold my left you know what before I ever sold this outrageously cool pistol Jan.

· Registered
25 Posts
Chuck, that magazine looks like it's been re-numbered. That first four is right out, and I can almost see the old serial number under the Bubba typewriter job. Eh, no hair off my back. Looks like a buggered with RC, I guess some people can’t resist doing this. I’m no exception, I put over $300 into a RC bnz 43 single rune rifle trying to “restore” it. Non-collectors dig it, but it makes collectors sneer and snort in disgust:

Download Attachment: bnz43side.jpg
54.07KB

Jan, your S/42 police looks great, it has that classic un-buggered with look and patina to it that one learns how to recognize with experience. I'm curious, you have a copious collection indeed. Do you have a personal favorite? I mention this because a byf 41 “black widow” that used to be in your collection is my all time favorite looking P.08:

Download Attachment: p08_black_widow-1.jpg
52.16KB

Download Attachment: p08_black_widow-4.jpg
53.6KB

I’d have sold my left you know what before I ever sold this outrageously cool pistol Jan.

· Registered
25 Posts
Jan, I don't actually own that Luger, just some photos that I saved for appearance sack. As far as the magazine issue, compare it to your known legit example.

· Registered
25 Posts
Jan, I don't actually own that Luger, just some photos that I saved for appearance sack. As far as the magazine issue, compare it to your known legit example.

· Registered
25 Posts
Doh! Looks like I was too quick to shout Waffenfabrik USA. My bad Chuck, looks like everything is cool with the mag. Call me a pessimist. Been that way ever since David Lee Roth left Van Halen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.