Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seasons Greetings to all Members.

I have just purchased this outstanding 1936 S/42 with matching mags.
I would like to complete the rig, so i am looking for a loading/striping tool.
But which would be correct for this Luger. An 'S/42' marked one or a 'droop E/63'

I am also looking for a 1936 tan/brown holster(must be good/excellent condition please).

Also, should this S/42 have numbered grips.....If so, i am also looking for a '22' # pair.

Any help in locating these items will be greatly appreciated.
email [email protected] (please mark any mail 'Luger')

Download Attachment: top.JPG
59.37 KB

Download Attachment: mags.JPG

61.01 KB

Download Attachment: LH.JPG
57.48 KB

Download Attachment: Proofs.JPG
63.41 KB

Download Attachment: Side Plate.JPG
61.95 KB

Download Attachment: Top Slant.JPG
60.37 KB

Download Attachment: RH.JPG
59.93 KB

I will post some more pictures as soon as i can.

I am a great believer in 'credit where it is due' and to say 'thanks' when someone has given you a good deal.
So here goes.....I bought this Luger from Chris Cotton over hear in England. He is a thoroughly nice bloke and more than willing to answere any questions and send as many pictures as you ask for.
When i made this purchase from him he could not have been more helpfull.
I knew he only dealt in high quality pieces, but when the Luger arrived it far exceeded my expectations.
As soon as i can afford it, i will be on the 'phone to see what new pieces he has for sale.
I can highly recomend him.

Please note: This is an entirely unsolisited recomendation.

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New Year.

Steve.

Should this Luger have numbered grips?

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Hi Steve....Nice gun!!!....is it deactivated??.....can someone still own "live" Lugers in England??....I would have thought that many British troops brought back wartime trophies.....what happened to most of them?? The tool should be an Eagle 63..... the same proof as on the gun and mags...Cheers...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Peter,
Many thanks for your reply.
Yes, unforunately it is deactivated. But it was live, Chris Cotton had to have it 'chopped' for me. :(
There are only a very small number of people over here in the U.K who are allowed to keep hand guns, the rest of us have to make do with deacs.
I could own a Luger, but only on paper. I would not be able to take it home. It would be kept at a Government Approved Shooting Range,the nearest one to me is about two hours drive away, I would have to make an appointment, go to the range, the gun would be brought to me, i could fire it, and hand it back.......
I would dearly like to fire a Luger, but it is just too much hassle and expense.
Oh well..Dream on.................
Regards,

Steve.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Hi Steve....Thanks for the info....I grew up in England on a Farm....even back in the sixties they were really tough with the amount of cartridges you could buy for your shotgun etc....yet if a war came along....they would gladly give you a gun!!!!....I came to Canada in 1970 and was delighted to be able to own and shoot virtually any type of weapon....then in the mid nineties the laws started getting really excessive...to the point that many people gave up their guns rather than go through all the red tape involved.....I have been fortunate to be able to buy a fair amount of Lugers because of this....the hassle is sometimes depressing though...I would think that a lot of vets brought back Lugers into England after ww2....was yours a vet bring back??....it is not easy to find a gun with 2 matched mags!!....Cheers ...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Peter,
Sadly i do not know any of the history of this pistol. As members have said before.....'if only they could speak'
All i was told was that it was a 'hand in'.
So i presume someone sold to Chris Cotton, the guy i bought it from, rather than turn it into the police, who would have distroyed it.....!!! :(
I always thought America and Canada were pretty relaxed about firearms, but it the seems the whole world is going anti guns in a major way.
Which does not bode well for us........

Oh well, I am really pleased with this one, in fact it is my best to date.

Cheers Peter,
Merry Christmas to you.

Steve.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.